If your business is attending an event like Woodbury Days, your son/daughter is getting married this fall, or your family is holding a large reunion you may need to consider event insurance.

Determining if you need insurance for your event and the kind of event coverage you’ll need can be confusing for even the most veteran event planner. Below is a brief explanation of the different types of event insurance and when they are applicable.

There are multiple types of event insurance, ranging from general liability insurance all the way to terrorism insurance, so how do you know which one will be best for your event?

  • General liability insurance is recommended for everyone, no matter the event. It will cover all parties involved, and an unlimited number of vendors can be listed on the plan, so everyone is covered.
  • Liquor liability insurance is important if there will be alcohol served at your event. It covers causing intoxication in an individual, the accidental serving of alcohol to an underage or intoxicated person, or any regulation pertaining to the sale and consumption of alcohol.
  • Cancellation insurance will make sure you get your money back if you need to cancel an event due to weather conditions, unusable venues, or any other emergencies that could cause a last-minute cancellation.
  • Third-party damage insurance covers any damage that may occur to the venue while it is under your control.
  • Hired/non-owned auto liability insurance is good to have if you will be renting vehicles specifically for the event.

 Before choosing your plan, talk to the venue about what coverage they require. You’ll be able to use that as a base for what coverages you’ll need.

When in doubt, call our office. We are experts in all forms of insurance. We’re here to help provide the appropriate insurance for your needs.